The Casualty Actuarial Society
The Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) fulfills its mission to advance actuarial science through a singular focus on research and education for property and casualty actuarial practice. Among its 6,700 members are experts in property and casualty insurance, reinsurance, finance, risk management, and enterprise risk management.
Our work for the Casualty Actuarial Society began with establishing a foundation to build media relations and other proactive communications. We focused on aligning CAS’s communications activities with their organizational goals.
To increase CAS' placement in news media, Environics conducted the following tactics:
- Key Messages Development: Communications cannot always be controlled; key messages can. Through a working session, we developed key messages that now serve as the foundation of CAS’s communications efforts, and are reflected in all written and spoken communications.
- Media Relations Foundation: We conducted regular media monitoring, developed targeted media list, and researched opportunities for media outreach.
- Digital Media Audit: We assessed CAS’s social media properties to provide best-practice guidance and align with traditional media engagement.
- Thought Leadership Campaign Through Media Relations: We conducted proactive media pitching and cultivation for showcasing CAS expertise.
- Spokesperson training for select CAS members.
- Identified relevant speaking opportunities and coordinated proposal submissions for CAS.
- Will the FanDuel ban affect fantasy sports?, New York Business Journal
- Stephen P. Lowe Begins Term as President of CAS, Workers Compensation
- CAS Launches Program Leading to Predictive Analytics, Carrier Management
- Up Close column with Steve Lowe, Business Insurance
- Rick Gorvett hired as Chief Actuary, Property Casualty 360
- Property-Casualty Mega Trends: An Insurance Primer, CFO Magazine
- Critical for Growth: What Enterprise Risk Management Means for Your Business, Business2Community
- Self-Driving Vehicles: Dealership Opportunities, CBT Automotive
- Practical Tips for Disrupting Insurance Distribution, Carrier Management
- Casualty Actuarial Society Honors 4 Universities, Carrier Management
- Insuring the Future, Automobile Magazine
- Ren Re US CEO Sees Renewed Interest in ‘Pure Play’ Reinsurance, AM Best
- Myth Busters: Understanding the Innovation Mindset, Claims Magazine / Property Casualty 360
- IN Magazine article on regulation and cybersecurity featuring quote from Rick Gorvett (pending)
- Forthcoming feature in Risk & Insurance Magazine on ride sharing & impact on insurance (September)