DC Communicators is a network of communications and marketing professionals in the Washington, DC, metro area who are interested in emerging trends in earned, paid and digital media. Founded by Mimi Carter in 2013, the group meets quarterly at the National Building Museum to network and discuss such trends.
Topics for previous events have include Content Marketing, Crisis Communications, and Best Practices for Social Media and the Law.
Speakers have included:
- Loic Tallon, Senior Mobile Manager, Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Stephanie Pereira, Kickstarter, Arts & Culture Lead
- Eleanor Goldhar, fomer CMO, Guggenheim Museum
- Lauren Lawson-Zilai, Senior Director of Public Relations and National Spokesperson for Goodwill Industries International
- Dr. Timothy Coombs, PHD and Professor of Crisis Communications at Texas A &M University
- Jeanne G. Hamrick, APR, Senior Manager, Media Relations at the American Red Cross
Join us for the next DC Communicators event, Earned Media: The Good, the Bad, and the lucky, which will take place on April 20.
Featuring: Jonah Langenbeck from The WWII Museum in New Orleans.
Breakfast will be provided, and there will be an opportunity to network with professionals from the DMV!