WHO WE ARE
The search is over. If you’re looking for an agency full of intelligent creatives who work on projects that make a difference, you’ve found us. At Environics Communications, we don’t cling onto the same ideas, tools, and “the way we’ve always done it.” The entrepreneurial and collaborative culture at Environics ensures our teams are creative, responsive, and absolutely driven by measurable results. We believe that exceptional work and having fun is the best path to a successful marketing agency. Two decades of continuous annual growth have proven that philosophy.
WHO WE'RE HIRING
We're searching for a recent college graduate, or graduate student, to join our team as a full-time (40 hours per week), paid intern. At Environics, you won't be a glorified paper-pusher. We'll give you real public relations and marketing work, with the end goal of having you rise in the ranks. Full-time interns are actively considered for entry-level, account positions within the agency as such jobs become available. If you're our ideal candidate, you have a strong desire to learn, thrive in a fast-paced agency, and are extremely detail oriented. If you’re comfortable conducting research and working on projects where you aren’t necessarily an expert on the subject matter, please apply!
- Write blog posts, social media posts, copy for digital ad campaigns, and press releases.
- Assist with media relations including pitching and influencer outreach.
- Research stats and facts, new contacts for media lists and influencer outreach.
- Draft media pitches and materials (such as backgrounders).
- Create and maintain media and stakeholder lists.
- Monitor media coverage and influencer postings.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of public relations and marketing communications programs for a variety of clients.
- Assist with administrative tasks: team support, meeting set-up, media training sessions which include equipment knowledge, set-up and catering coordination.
- Educated. BA/BS in marketing, PR, communications or related field.
- Experienced. Agency or communications office experience strongly preferred.
- Whatever it takes. Proven ability to “get-the-job-done.” Agency life sometimes means late nights (…with work or happy hours).
- Articulate. Strong writing skills with ability to communicate points-of-view succinctly, thoroughly, and convincingly.
- Innovative. Creative and strategic thinker.
- Friendly. We like to work with people we like.
- Sprout Social
- Google Analytics
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, as relocation will not be provided.
Since our founding in 1994, and growing to a staff of more than 140 in the U.S. and Canada, we’re still chasing big ideas. We proactively seek innovation, rather than waiting to adapt to the ever changing marketplace. Unlike traditional agencies, our integrated approach blends traditional PR tactics with creative digital campaigns. And we’re not just shooting in the dark; our approach is driven by market research and analytics to deliver meaningful and lasting experiences. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies and non-profits, to the tech start-up down the street. Environics has offices in Washington, Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa, and affiliates worldwide.