SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
WHO WE ARE
An agency full of intelligent creatives dedicated to extraordinary client service, driven by measurable results, and inspired by projects that make a difference. We believe that exceptional work and having fun is the path to agency success. Two decades of continuous annual growth have proven that philosophy.
WHO YOU ARE
An digitally savvy + superlative writer and verbal communicator with a knack for traditional media pitching. Adept at developing, implementing and supporting strategic communications programs on behalf of clients in multiple sectors.
- Educated. BA/BS in PR, marketing, communications, or related field.
- Experienced. 4+ years of full-time public relations experience, including pitching consumer, business, and trade media (print/broadcast/online). 1 year of agency experience required.
- Whatever it takes. Proven ability to “get-the-job-done.” Agency life is fast-paced and sometimes means late nights (…with work or happy hours).
- Articulate. Strong writing skills with ability to communicate points-of-view succinctly, thoroughly, and convincingly.
- Innovative. Creative and strategic thinker.
- Friendly. We like to work with people we like. A positive attitude is a must.
- Apple iOS savvy. We have beautiful Macbook Pros; we hope you know how to use one!
- Monitor changes in media relations landscape as well as develop media lists, press releases and materials, story ideas, and pitches to national and trade outlets.
- Assist with media relations including pitching and influencer outreach.
- Research stats and facts, new contacts for media lists, and influencer outreach.
- Write client marketing materials ensuring consistency in voice and writing style.
- Assist in developing communications plans that integrate traditional and digital media strategies.
- Serve as the main point of contact for clients. This includes: day-to-day account management, running meetings, meeting deadlines, and being responsive.
- Participate in new business process including research, proposal, and pitch preparation.
- Demonstrate personal leadership and take accountability for role on projects, as well as supervise junior staff on accounts.
- Serve as a brand steward, reviewing all deliverables and checking for accuracy before they're presented to the senior team.
- Measure analytics and create summary reports for clients.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants should reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, as relocation will not be provided.
Since our founding in 1994, and growing to a staff of more than 140 in the U.S. and Canada, we’re still chasing big ideas. We proactively seek innovation, rather than waiting to adapt to the ever changing marketplace. Unlike traditional agencies, our integrated approach blends traditional PR tactics with creative digital campaigns. And we’re not just shooting in the dark; our approach is driven by market research and analytics to deliver meaningful and lasting experiences. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies and non-profits, to the tech start-up down the street. Environics has offices in Washington, Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa, and affiliates worldwide.